Monday, February 22, 2016

I'm Back!

I haven't done anything with this in a couple of years but perhaps now is the time to revisit this. I've been doing less knitting and more costume making, my first love.  Being the mother of a dancer I've always had to make the odd costume but of late I've decided to use it as a chance to increase my costume making and design skills. I did work professionally as a costume maker prior to having children so I have some very strong sewing skills to begin with, but we can always learn new things. To that end, I've trawled the internet to find the information I needed to acquire those new skills, sometimes with success other times, not so much.
One of the new skills I taught myself was making a classical tutu. I've decided to share that journey and what did and didn't work.
Here's just a taste of the finished tutu skirt but the bodice is yet to come.
Hopefully, what I share will help and inspire others.





0 comments:

Post a Comment